Internal "bingo"

Describe activities, exercises, and methods you have used to establish communication within your system.

Internal "bingo"

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am

Internal "bingo"
  • Not triggering, depending on the questions you ask.
  • Appropriate for all ages (although parts who can't write may need help).
  • Requires paper and something to write with.
  • Takes a varying amount of time, but probably 15 minutes to half an hour.

My system has tried several things to work on being able to communicate a little better with each other. Some of them are based on team-building exercises I've done at different jobs.

One example is "human bingo." The concept is that each person gets a "bingo" card that is usually five squares by five squares. In each square is a trait, or a fact about people, or something like that (depends on the purposes of the game). Then people go around, and find someone who fits into each square.

We modified the concept slightly, in that the goal is to find someone to put their name in each square. You can make it so that there are a different number of squares, or play with the idea more when you make one for yourself.

I will put a pretty simple example of a getting-to-know you version as a reply to this post. You could make one that is just about basic personality stuff in your system, or one that goes a little deeper. You could make one that has a different number of squares as well.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Internal "bingo"

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:59 am

Here is a link to an example of internal bingo. It is specific to my system, but if people are interested, I can also post a blank template for them to use. It only takes a couple of minutes to draw one or make one in your word processing program, and you can modify to suit your system's needs.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Internal Communication