Apologies for the spam

Announcements and information.

Apologies for the spam

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Not that I posted it, but since I was away from home, and from computer access, I didn't get a chance to clean things up until now.

I have deleted all the members who appeared to be posting spam. I will try to figure out some other solution for the future, but right now, what should happen is that people will need to make at least one post that is moderated (ie, will not show up as soon as they post it) before I will ok them to be in the group called "people who can post without moderation." Once someone posts something that is clearly not spam, I will approve them to post without moderation, and things can move forward from there.

Hopefully now that I'm back home, I can help to get things moving on this board again!
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Apologies for the spam

Postby Battle_Weary on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks JA!
I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Battle_Weary
posts some more
posts some more

why_joining1: I'm a joiner? hehe...that is seriously far from the truth! But seriously...I think tis type of forum is an outstanding idea and welcome the chance to learn from others, share ideas, and maybe create something useful.
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the spam without having real users' posts moderated; right now, I haven't quite got it figured out, but we'll see if I can get something working.

In the meanwhile, your posts are probably getting caught in the moderation queue, and I will do my best to get them approved as soon as possible. It's nothing personal, and please don't worry if your post doesn't get approved quickly.
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:35 am

Posts are still being moderated, due to the spam problem. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out a way of preventing spammers from joining, and we can go back to unmoderated posts.

I'll try to post some more on here to get things moving again.
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Sorry for the new spam. I think that the most recent board update disabled the custom profile fields, which meant that spammers were able to register more easily. I'll be keeping a closer eye on the board for a while, and I'll delete the spam as soon as possible. I'm also going to send out a request that people make at least one post so we'll know they aren't spammers (which will make it easier for me to delete the ones who are spammers, rather than just being shy people who have names that seem suspicious!)

I fixed the profile question thing, so that should help.
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Announcements