About the board

Announcements and information.

About the board

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:12 am

First, I just wanted to make sure that people know this board is public. That means that people who are not members are able to view pretty much all of the forums. It also means that "bots" from search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) periodically browse this board so that when people go to a search engine and ask for information that relates to this board, they will find it (try Googling DID/MPD workbook!)

So when you notice that a "bot" is browsing the board, it's because it's checking out the content here. Bots don't have permission to read the members only sections of the board, just the public ones.

Second, after someone requested a name change, I realized that it was possible to set the board so that users can change their own names. Hopefully, this will be useful when people need to have a different name for whatever reasons, but please do try to keep name changes to a minimum, as it might get confusing if someone were changing their name frequently!

Third, I believe most of the members who have made non-spam posts here have been added to a user group that will allow them to post without moderation. If someone would be so kind as to test that out, I won't have to make a fake account for myself to see whether the settings are correct! (Um, if you've been *making* posts and they aren't showing up on the board or in my moderator control panel, please let me know and I'll try to figure out what the problem is!!)
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Announcements