how about adding a forum about fun .

Have an idea for things you'd like to see on the board? Post them here.

how about adding a forum about fun .

Postby doodles77 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

i was taught in therapy alot about seeking balance ... i grew up creating my own or our own brand of humor and jokes to help us cope with the daily battles in life . it goes from nice clean stuff into all other things includeing dark humor . sometimes it was such a dark time that was what the internal jokers had to work with .

a place to talk about what we see as silly or funny or has fun in it . maby to tell what happened and how ya'll see it as humorous .... laughter is very healthy and believe us we know how hard it can be to get a bit silly or relax enough to simply just have fun .

i applyed to the vet admin for a motorized scooter ... the letter reply said no scooters but we can get you a new leg ... the problem being i still have both the origonals ... where would i put it ? the problem is my back . apparently they are out of stock for those ... maby others don't see the humor in this but ... being a veteran and knowing how they do things ... it was sent as being serious ... and in my request i had put from back problems .... :idea1 guess they didn't read the whole email i sent ...

it is hard to see humor when we grew up like most of us here did . as a kid i'd get so mad we ended up trying to find jokes so the mad wouldn't show and avoid getting in trouble ....

as my therapy progressed i was being taught to not only see the negatives but to actively search for the more positive things .... it's hard at times .... we don't simply ignore neg stuff we see it and deal with it or ask for help from my act team to deal with it ...

so the scooter .. my dr said have them the scotter sales place ... fax him the paperwork to submit to the state because the state won't give the dr office the forms to get for their patients who need them . so now there is fax to my case manager to fax to my dr to fill out then probibly fax to the state ... dr forgot to give me his fax number ....

yah it's frustrateing but it's got some really good joke matearial in it too ... bet if i could set up my poster sales site quick i could buy one before my case manager gets the stuff to fax my dr .... and would that be tax deductable ???? :neener:

we fully realize how difficult seeing the more positive aspects in life ... especially when there may not have been many ... it's a bit like planting a tiny seed then care for it , nurture it and help it grow ... thanks for reading this :ugeek:
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Re: how about adding a forum about fun .

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I added two new sections: "Happiness" under emotions (can't see why I didn't think of it before, but that section was a little depressing!) and "DID/MPD humor" under "Daily Life."
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Postby doodles77 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am

well we understand haveing d.i.d. happiness doesn't really pop up alot . we struggle with things other singleton's don't need to ... but there was pj teaching me to go out have fun , do something diffrent just for the sake of haveing fun ... about balance
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:01 am

Honestly, I'm actually happy more of the time than I had thought. One of my problems had been feeling guilty for feeling happy, or worrying that being or seeming happy would mean that when I *wasn't* happy, that was not really happening, because if the pain was real, then how could I not feel it sometimes?

But I've done a lot of work on recognizing that emotions are fluid, and change. And also that just because one part isn't happy doesn't mean that there aren't parts who feel happy at least some of the time.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions