Negative experiences with telling someone you are multiple

I thought this would be a good section for people to share ideas about coming out: how to decide whether to do it, how to tell people, what has worked for us, and what hasn't.

Negative experiences with telling someone you are multiple

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:13 pm

It might also be useful to think through what caused a bad experience when coming out to someone else. What *didn't* work? Was there something that could have happened differently that might have made the experience a better one?
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Negative experiences with telling someone you are multiple

Postby doodles77 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:06 pm

unfortunately there will be people who can never accept that someone has d. i. d. and think it's all just a scam or something so outside the normal they simply won't accept . it's sad for both of us .. because we feel hurt and they are not able to accept that this could ever be real .

i suspect some of these people have a burried secret about growing up and possibly have been
A****** . many just don't want to believe adults can do these things that cause the first splits to very little kids .

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW AND REMEMBER THAT IF YOU GET SOMEONE WHO IS VERY NEGATIVE .... IT"S NOT YOUR FAULT --- YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG AND THE PERSON MAY NOT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND AND MAY FEEL FEARS ... the media has turned d. i. d. into an excuse to get away with some unexcusable crimes ... i get asked about this at times ... i try to show them that these things are not true ...

the media likes to take things that are diffrent and turn them into this big deal so they can sell more movies and books ... so this is less at a personal level as being singled out but on the level of it will end up selling junk and earn a profit ... this is one of the reasons why we decided to come out .... and feel good when people say

"well you really arn't what i expected a mult to be , you are diffrent yah but not strange " some will always feel we are strange... but in my experences these are in the vast minority
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Return to Coming Out