alt.support.dissociation

Post links and descriptions of websites for people dealing with dissociative disorders.

alt.support.dissociation

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:25 am

Figured I should have at least one group up here. There are actually quite a few different support groups (mailing lists, newsgroups, online forums) available.

alt.support.dissociation is a usenet group, but is also visible through Google Groups (you may have better luck following it through a news reader, though, because it's likely that there are people who don't choose to have their messages saved for a long time.

Anyone can join it, and you can also read messages that have been posted in the past.

I haven't made much use of the group, so if there are people who are more familiar with it, please comment with your opinion of it.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: alt.support.dissociation

Postby nicky on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:41 pm

I owe so much to asd. asd is the first place I ever got to talk to people about being dissociative. I've posted on asd for 12 years. Some people have not had a lot of luck at asd and then have trashed talked it. But I've found every place can be like that. And asd isn't friendly to pushy people. But that's one of the things that makes asd a safe place. Maybe, for some, asd is too safe; if they need to talk about the really hard issues. It was talked about for a while that there might be a splintering off asd for people who wanted a more edgy environment. But that was eventually voted down. Still, if you need a "safe" place to talk, asd is a very good resource.
nicky
kinda quiet
kinda quiet

Return to Online resources