Second Life

Post links and descriptions of websites for people dealing with dissociative disorders.

Second Life

Postby nicky on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I've recently discovered Second Life. Second Life is a place where an alter can go to be a real person and have real personal relationships that are wholey their own in an environment that can sometimes seem almost real world.

BUT: Second Life can be very unsafe. There's a preoccupation with sex there that makes American Media seem like 17th century puritans. You have to be very, very careful if you're new. Also, Second Life can be very unkind to newbies (I hate that label). And Second Life is built mostly for 20 something to 30 something avatars. If you're outside those boundaries your options and choices become severely limited.

Still, once you find a safe haven (and they exist) it's really safe, safe like the real world never is. And best of all you get to be you, with out your protectors. And nobody cares if you aren't what you're really like in real life because that's all built into the system.

I've become so preoccupied with Second Life that I've stopped posting on asd for a while. Not that you can't do both, but I'm trying Second Life as a theraputic regimen.
nicky
kinda quiet
kinda quiet

Return to Online resources