Online DID/MPD Support forums

Post links and descriptions of websites for people dealing with dissociative disorders.

Online DID/MPD Support forums

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 am

Here are some different forums I know of that offer support for people coping with DID/MPD. Unlike this forum (which is focused on exercises and activities for coping), these forums are a place to process with others who are going through the same thing. If you know of other forums, or have comments about the ones listed, feel free to add them.

Each of the forums has a different tone, and a different approach. Generally, they are similar, in that people can process through their experiences and get support from others. But they are different in the combination of people who use the board, and the general culture of the board. Generally speaking, you aren't able to see most of the sections of these forums until you have registered, and you need to send some kind of email to the moderators of the board before you are able to register. But it is worth checking several of them out until you find one that fits your own needs. NOTE: I am not personally familiar with all of these boards, and I am not a moderator or owner of any of them. If you would like your board removed from this list, please let me know and I will do so. If you would like your board *added* to this list, please post a link to it. Thanks.

A Mind's Journey

Shattered Echoes

Dissociative Identity Disorder Support Forum

Coping With Dissociative Identity Disorder

Ivory Gardens DID Support Board

Whispering Hopes

Promise Land Forums (religious leaning)

Into the Looking Glass

Christian Multiples
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Online DID/MPD Support forums

Postby Battle_Weary on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Battle_Weary
posts some more
posts some more

why_joining1: I'm a joiner? hehe...that is seriously far from the truth! But seriously...I think tis type of forum is an outstanding idea and welcome the chance to learn from others, share ideas, and maybe create something useful.
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Re: Online DID/MPD Support forums

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 am

Fort Refuge, open to any abuse survivor, and there are sections for multiples (and a lot of multiples there).
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Online resources