Co-present

Here's a section where we can collect the definitions of terms people use in relation to DID/MPD, both the official ones and the different ways we use the terms.

Co-present

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm not sure any more whether I'm the only one who uses this term or not. Certainly, a lot of people have asked me what I mean when I use it, so I figure I'll put that up there for defining!
:hmm:
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Co-present

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm

I define "co-present" as "two or more parts simultaneously at or near the front, but not communicating with each other, and not fully aware that anyone else is present."

At times like this, one part might have a particular goal (say, to use the computer to pay a bill) and another part might have a different goal (say, to use the computer to play a game). The first part will go to the computer, and find themselves persistently *not* doing the thing they intended to do, no matter how hard they try.

Both parts are present, but they aren't aware or communicating.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Co-present

Postby Battle_Weary on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:36 pm

We usually say "sharing front"...but it's basically the same as what you have said here. The only difference is for us, it could be with or without awareness of each other.
I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Battle_Weary
posts some more
posts some more

why_joining1: I'm a joiner? hehe...that is seriously far from the truth! But seriously...I think tis type of forum is an outstanding idea and welcome the chance to learn from others, share ideas, and maybe create something useful.
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Return to Terms and Definitions